Region :- Uttarakhand
Duration :- 2 Days
Grade :- Easy
Max Altitude :- 9,910 Ft.
Approx Trekking Km :- 16 Kms.
For an alluring trekking destination for the weekends, Nag Tibba in the hinterlands of Garhwal is a ten on ten. With 9,915 ft maximum altitude, it is perfectly suitable for beginners and children, poses no threat of altitude sickness, offering a thoroughly enlivening trek instead. Anyone staying in and around Delhi can plan Nag Tibba- the highest peak of the Nag Tibba range in the Lesser Himalayas, for a rejuvenating weekend in the calm depths of forested mountains. With a couple of days added to the trek, “the queen of the hills” Mussoorie can be covered too.
Starting from Pantwari, a quiet hamlet in the vicinity of Dehradun-Mussoorie, the trek begins up a rocky ascent and after a couple of hours on the trail, enters the grove of oaks and rhododendrons. In warmer times on this path, you will be greeted with summer blossoms and greenery while winter comes with abundance of snow. The camping for the night is in a clearing at the edge of the forest, overlooking the undulations of the Lesser Himalayan green slopes expanding far and beyond. The trek goes on up to Nag Tibba base, marked by a temple dedicated to the serpent god, and from there to Nag Tibba top. The climax of the hike comes with the unveiling of a vision of the Gangotri group of peaks. From the high point of Nag Tibba, you can mark out Bandarpoonch, Kedarnath and Chanabang—all absolutely mesmerizing snow peaks of the Garhwal Himalayas!
Day 1 :- Dehradun to Pantwari village and trek to Camp 1
• Pantwari village (4,640 ft), Camp 1 (7,630 ft)
• Dehradun to Pantwari village drive 5-6 hrs, 85 Km
• Via Mussoorie, Kampty Fall
• Pickup at 6:30 am, reach Pantwari village by 12:00 noon
• Last ATM at Mussoori
• Whole trek has phone network but erratic
• Lunch at Pantwari village
• Start trek by 2:30 pm, reach camp site by 5:30 pm
• 2 – 3 water points on the way
• Pantwari to Camp 4 Km
• Stay in tent
Day 2 :- Camp 1 to Nag Tibba top and return to Pantwari Village and drive to Dehradun
• Altitude 9,910 Ft
• Camp 1 to Nag Tibba top 4 Km, 3 hrs
• Start trek at 5:00 am (early breakfast)
• No water point on the way
• Stay on top for half an hour
• Lunch at camp 1 by 12 noon
• Reach Pantwari village by 3:00 pm
• Drive to Dehradun reach by 8:30 pm
Note:- Due to of heavy traffic at Mussoori, the arrival time to Dehradun may get delayed so please make any further travel plan after 10:00 pm from Dehradun.
( ₹ 250 discount from MyWanderlust )
- Inclusions :-
- Transport: Dehradun to patwari village and Return.
- Meals while on trek (Veg. + Egg).
- All necessary entry fees and permits.
- Accommodation:- Guest house, Home stay, camping during Trek.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Leader, guide, cook and Support staff.
- First aid medical kits, stretcher and oxygen cylinder.
- Trek equipments: Sleeping bag, mattress, tent (twin sharing), kitchen & dinning tent, toilet tent, utensils and crampon (if required).
- AH Staff Insurance.
- Porters/mules to carry central equipment.
- Exclusions :-
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Any kind of emergency evacuation charges 6. Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
- Note : Normally AH expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
- Charges of offloading backpack:-
- INR 1500/- if you make an online payment, 10 days in advance
- INR 1800/- if you inform us after reaching Sankri
- The backpack cannot weigh more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags will not be allowed.
Other experiences offered by the host:
Lamkhaga pass trek
A beautiful route taking you through some of the most remote areas of Uttarakhand and Himachal
Host: Raacho Trekkers
Auden's col Trekking Expedition
A high altitude trek through Patangini Dhar - Auden's col - Mayali pass
Host: Raacho Trekkers
Chopta Chandrashila Trek
Camp in luxurious swiss tents
Host: Himalaya Resorts
Dayara Bugyal Trek
A land of Shepherds and Pastures
A trek to the Shiva's Lake
Host: Altitude Adventure Holidays
22 Dec (X-Mas batch), 28 Dec (New Year Batch)
Host: Heaven Riders India
Harishchandragad Monsoon Trek
Be a part of the ultimate Sahyadris adventure this July!
Host: Infinite Detours
Unexplored Rajgundha Valley Trek
Palampur - Barot - Rajgundha - Bir
Host: Raid De Himalaya
Chandrakhani Pass Trek
Snow filled Trek in the extended Himalayas of Himachal Pradesh
Host: Hustle Turtle