Spiti route at this time will be unpredictable with landslides blocking roads sometimes for days. Even last week there was an avalanche shutting down the road for multiple days.
See this for more: https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/shimla/50-tourists-including-foreigners-stranded-in-avalanche-hit-spiti/articleshow/68143738.cms
The route till Kinnaur is usually in good shape and you shouldn't face any issues going all the way to Nako. Right after Nako, Malling Nala could be the first roadblock. 2 years back in March, I was stuck in Kaza for a week due to a bad landslide here.
Having said that, dispite some of these inconveniences, winters is an amazing time to witness the white Spiti, and get to see even warmer Spitian hospitality as this is not a busy season.
Kinnaur would be accessible and welcoming too. Chitkul often gets disconnected during winters though so if you're heading there keep an eye on the weather in advance.
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions or ask your own question.Ask Question
Visit Spiti Valley with MyWanderlust hosts:
Cycling from Manali to Chandratal Lake
The shortest high altitude mountain cycling ride
Host: Being Out There
The Himalayan Culture - Spiti valley!
An unconventional itinerary with savage hosts! Drive / Ride
₹ 19499 per person
Host: Kanupriya Raniwala
Hampta Pass Trek with Chandratal Lake
Most Dramatic Himalayan Crossover
₹ 8799 per person
Host: Heaven Riders India
- Are there any guesthouses that are open in March, in Kaza? 3 Answers
- How good is the cellular/internet connectivity in Spiti/Kaza region? 7 Answers
- Being a remote village, what are the food options available there? And anything which is a must try. 1 Answer
- Planning a 5D 4N trip to Spiti. Suggestions? 2 Answers
- Buses to Spiti? 1 Answer
- What's the best way to go to Chandratal trek with public transport? 1 Answer
- What are the best places to travel in India as a digital nomad? 1 Answer
- What are some places for beginners to solo travel in India? 6 Answers
- What are the best places for stargazing in Himachal? 3 Answers
Did this page help?
Thanks for letting us know! Have more feedback?