Apart from BSNL(+MTNL) there is no cellular service provoder that works in Chitkul. I have an MTNL prepaid SIM, phone calls and SMS were working fine but even 2G internet couldn't connect. As of June 2018, my friend's Airtel postpaid wasn't working either.
As far as internet connectivity goes, there is a spot around 3KMs from Chitkul towards sangla that gets 4G JIO connectivity, haven't used it, but locals told me that you can access internet there and there only. Not even Zostel has internet in Chitkul.
One of the locals told me that it's not the providers but the Army which is blocking(read 'doesn't allow') cellular connectivity in Chitkul, because it is very close to the border.
No connectivity in Chitkul from Airtel and Vodafone, however there is a point which is roughly about a km or two walk towards Sangala from the sign post "Chitkul mein aapka swaagat hai". You may find 1/2 towers of Airtel. Used it for a short call and it worked. :)
Limited BSNL connectivity in chitkul
Chitkul has BSNL connectivity.
Also, Airtel signal is available till Sangla (and even Rakcham) but not in Chitkul.
Chitkul has fair connectivity of postpaid Airtel as well as MTNLl and BSNL. One can use the landline from army camp and Himachal Pradesh guest House in case of emergency.
Chitkul has BSNL connectivity as well as of airtel postpaid.
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions or ask your own question.Ask Question
Visit Chitkul with MyWanderlust hosts:
The Himalayan Culture - Spiti valley!
An unconventional itinerary with savage hosts! Drive / Ride
₹ 19499 per person
Host: Kanupriya Raniwala
Lamkhaga pass trek
A beautiful route taking you through some of the most remote areas of Uttarakhand and Himachal
₹ 29999 per person
Host: Raacho Trekkers
Kinnaur Lahaul Spiti - the Trip Of a Lifetime
Adventure road trip, photography
₹ 22799 per person
Host: Off Route Trails
- What are the best places to travel in India as a digital nomad? 1 Answer
- What are some places for beginners to solo travel in India? 6 Answers
- What are the best places for stargazing in Himachal? 3 Answers
- Are there any guesthouses that are open in March, in Kaza? 3 Answers
- How good is the cellular/internet connectivity in Spiti/Kaza region? 7 Answers
- Being a remote village, what are the food options available there? And anything which is a must try. 1 Answer
- Can someone recommend a trek organiser for Parashar Lake? 4 Answers
- Transport and stay: Parashar lake trekking 2 Answers
- Can you trek to Kareri lake without tent and food? 2 Answers
- Bhrigu lake trekking 2 Answers
- Is it safe to do the Churdhar Peak Trek in January? 1 Answer
- Which is the nearest place to stay around Bijli Mahadev? 2 Answers
- Trek details for bijli mahadev? 1 Answer
- Is Teesri a suitable site for camping overnight before moving further to the destination, or one should complete the trek in one go? 1 Answer
- Planning a 5D 4N trip to Spiti. Suggestions? 2 Answers
- What's the best way to go to Chandratal trek with public transport? 1 Answer
- I heard that if we trek further from kheerganga we reach buni bunipass pass glacier. Can we stay up there? Does any one know about it? 2 Answers
- Buses to Spiti? 1 Answer
- Which places can I cover during Feb-March in Kinnaur and Spiti? 1 Answer
- How is the cellular/internet connectivity on Parashar Lake Trek? 1 Answer
- How is the cellular/internet connectivity on Beas Kund Trek? 0 Answers
- How to reach Tani Jubbar lake from Shimla/Narkanda? 1 Answer
- How is the cellular/internet connectivity in Bir/Billing? 1 Answer
- Im coming for solo trip to kherganga on first week of july. What do i keep in mind to have safe trek?? 1 Answer
- Im visiting for the first tym n that too solo. What to do to have safe visit 0 Answers
Did this page help?
Thanks for letting us know! Have more feedback?