If you are from bangalore you must know about wickedbikes.com they have it in udupi too, and most of the hotels are usually cheap
An option would be to stay in Mangalore, which has plenty of nice hotels, and ride to Udupi from there. A few of the places I would recommend are:
- The Krishna Ashram (possibly one of the few - or the only one- in India)
- Malpe beach (if interested in water sports) and a boat ride to St. Mary's Island
- Kaup beach (an excellent place to see the sunset)
There are several hotels right next to the Udupi bus stop, suiting different budgets. My preference has been Hotel Siddharth, a decent hotel for a tight purse. I paid Rs 800 for an A/C room, though prices might be higher considering its a long weekend.
There are many ancient temples around Udupi which are worth visiting, if you are the spiritual kind. In case you are travelling on a motorcycle, I suggest you visit Hornadu and Shringeri. Not only are the temples majestic, but the route is fantastic too. Also, try going to Kudremukh, it used to be a mining town and has an interesting history. However, plan it in a way that you're back by evening as there aren't any places to stay around Kudremukh. Karkala is famous for its unique 40 feet high Buddha statue. Another place of interest is the Agumbe rainforest. While heading from Agumbe to Udupi, I had seen a board which said 'Jog Falls 40kms', but couldn't visit as I was running short of time. I wish I had taken the detour. You should have your hands full with these.
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions or ask your own question.Ask Question
- What are the best places to travel in India as a digital nomad? 1 Answer
- What are some places for beginners to solo travel in India? 5 Answers
- What is the best example of sustainable tourism you have experienced in your travels? 1 Answer
- Anyone up for the Chadar Trek in 2018 ?? 1 Answer
- How can I earn Karma points ? 2 Answers
- I'm planning to walk from Mangalore to Gokarna is there any trails I can follow other than the road? 0 Answers
- What's the best thing you like about Gokarna? 3 Answers
- Are there any guesthouses that are open in March, in Kaza? 3 Answers
- How good is the cellular/internet connectivity in Spiti/Kaza region? 6 Answers
- Being a remote village, what are the food options available there? And anything which is a must try. 1 Answer
- Is there any cellular connectivity in Chitkul? 6 Answers
- Are there any Do-It-Yourself treks in or around Munnar? 3 Answers
- Any accommodation option near Athirappilly Falls? 2 Answers
- How to reach Sankri from dehradun ? 1 Answer
- Planning a 5D 4N trip to Spiti. Suggestions? 2 Answers
- Two days in tawang. Recommendations about budget hotels and one day sharing tours to Bumla pass, PT tso and the other points. 0 Answers
- when is the best time to trek to harishchandragad fort ? Also any suggestions on the guides who are professionals? 1 Answer
- Buses to Spiti? 1 Answer
- How good is the cellular/internet connectivity in Ladakh region? 1 Answer
- Is it safe for a female to travel solo to Amritsar? 0 Answers
- Which places can I cover during Feb-March in Kinnaur and Spiti? 1 Answer
- How is the cellular/internet connectivity in Bir/Billing? 0 Answers
Did this page help?
Thanks for letting us know! Have more feedback?