Take a bus from Delhi to Manali, and best to spend a night here to acclimatize. (Elevation of Manali is 2000m ASL and Batal the next possible accomodation enroute is 4000m.)
From Manali you need to get on the HRTC Kaza bus which starts sometime around 6am (June-Oct). There are shared jeeps and travelers also running on this route all starting plus or minus 1 hour around 6am.
After Rohtang and Chhatru you’ll arrive at Batal which has two basic tents which provide accomodation plus food (there is a PWD guesthouse too). Depending on how much traffic you find en-route at Rohtang, you’ll reach at Batal around lunch time. Get down here and from Batal to Chandratal is a 14km hike. Next stop would be the Chandratal camping ground, about 1 km before the lake where you’ll find pre pitched camps. Camping is not allowed at the lake itself but you can pitch your own tent at this camping ground or book a camp there itself. There are multiple camp owners and they do have more than enough tents.
 AMS: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Altitude_sickness
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions or ask your own question.Ask Question
Visit Chandratal Lake with MyWanderlust hosts:
The Himalayan Culture - Spiti valley!
An unconventional itinerary with savage hosts! Drive / Ride
₹ 19499 per person
Host: Kanupriya Raniwala
Hampta Pass Trek with Chandratal Lake
Most Dramatic Himalayan Crossover
₹ 8799 per person
Host: Heaven Riders India
Hampta Pass and Chandrataal lake
Explore the moon lake and cross over to Spiti valley.
Host: Deepjyoti Biswas
- Are there any guesthouses that are open in March, in Kaza? 3 Answers
- How good is the cellular/internet connectivity in Spiti/Kaza region? 7 Answers
- Being a remote village, what are the food options available there? And anything which is a must try. 1 Answer
- Planning a 5D 4N trip to Spiti. Suggestions? 2 Answers
- Buses to Spiti? 1 Answer
- Which places can I cover during Feb-March in Kinnaur and Spiti? 1 Answer
- What are the best places for stargazing in Himachal? 3 Answers
- Can someone recommend a trek organiser for Parashar Lake? 4 Answers
- Is there any cellular connectivity in Chitkul? 6 Answers
- Transport and stay: Parashar lake trekking 2 Answers
- Can you trek to Kareri lake without tent and food? 2 Answers
- Bhrigu lake trekking 2 Answers
- Is it safe to do the Churdhar Peak Trek in January? 1 Answer
- Which is the nearest place to stay around Bijli Mahadev? 2 Answers
- Trek details for bijli mahadev? 1 Answer
- Is Teesri a suitable site for camping overnight before moving further to the destination, or one should complete the trek in one go? 1 Answer
- I heard that if we trek further from kheerganga we reach buni bunipass pass glacier. Can we stay up there? Does any one know about it? 2 Answers
- How is the cellular/internet connectivity on Parashar Lake Trek? 1 Answer
- How is the cellular/internet connectivity on Beas Kund Trek? 0 Answers
- How to reach Tani Jubbar lake from Shimla/Narkanda? 1 Answer
- How is the cellular/internet connectivity in Bir/Billing? 1 Answer
- Im coming for solo trip to kherganga on first week of july. What do i keep in mind to have safe trek?? 1 Answer
- Im visiting for the first tym n that too solo. What to do to have safe visit 0 Answers
Did this page help?
Thanks for letting us know! Have more feedback?