What are the best places for stargazing in Himachal?
asked by Community
Kheerganga,parashar lake, chandertaal lake and above all lahaul and spiti.
For the best stargazing, you want to go as high as possible, so as to have a thinner atmosphere with less dirt or particulate matter in the air. And you want to go as far as possible from any other sources of light such as cities and towns.
Since you asked for Himachal, Spiti valley which is a high altitude region has lots of opportunities for stargazing and so does some treks far from towns. Visit these places outside the monsoon season to avoid clouds. If you’re lucky you’ll witness meteor shower too, depending on the time of the year you visit.
Also try to avoid full moons and make the best use of new moon nights, as otherwise the moon takes up all the limelight dimming the weaker starry light.
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions or ask your own question.Ask Question
- Are there any guesthouses that are open in March, in Kaza? 2 Answers
- How good is the cellular/internet connectivity in Spiti/Kaza region? 6 Answers
- Being a remote village, what are the food options available there? And anything which is a must try. 1 Answer
- Can someone recommend a trek organiser for Parashar Lake? 4 Answers
- Is there any cellular connectivity in Chitkul? 6 Answers
- Transport and stay: Parashar lake trekking 2 Answers
- Can you trek to Kareri lake without tent and food? 2 Answers
- Bhrigu lake trekking 2 Answers
- Is it safe to do the Churdhar Peak Trek in January? 1 Answer
- Which is the nearest place to stay around Bijli Mahadev? 2 Answers
- Trek details for bijli mahadev? 1 Answer
- Is Teesri a suitable site for camping overnight before moving further to the destination, or one should complete the trek in one go? 1 Answer
- Planning a 5D 4N trip to Spiti. Suggestions? 2 Answers
- What's the best way to go to Chandratal trek with public transport? 1 Answer
- I heard that if we trek further from kheerganga we reach buni bunipass pass glacier. Can we stay up there? Does any one know about it? 2 Answers
- Buses to Spiti? 1 Answer