Spiti valley has very limited phone connectivity.
In Kaza (the biggest town at the heart of Spiti), there is BSNL network. In almost all the villages including Langza, Kibber, Hikkim, Komic, Dhankar, Mudh in pin valley, there is no network. A very weak signal reaches some places in Kibber though. I've seen people placing their phones at specific locations in house at specific angles there to catch signal but that also isn't very reliable.
Coming from Manali side there is no network beyond Rohtang pass.
Coming from Shimla-Kinnaur side you get network in Sangla, Peo, Kalpa but not beyond (I.e., Nako, Tabo don't have any network).
ONLY BSNL WORKS IN SPITI VALLEY.
Coming from Shimla, you get airtel, idea, jio networks till Sangla, even bsnl doesn’t work in Chhitkul.
No other networks except BSNL once you cross Reckong Peo on the hindustan-tibet highway on the way to kaza.
BSNL is there till Lossar in spiti. No cellular network in chandrataal & kunzum all the way till Rohtang!
Bsnl is your best bet... Though connectivity on the way to kaza is very poor.. but expect to find wifi in most decent hotels in kaza...
No internet connectivity beyond recKong peo. Cellular network only on BSNL, that too very weak.
BSNL is, without a doubt, the unsaid answer. However, Airtel also works well. DOn't expect a proper 4G everywhere though.
Airtel and bsnl works best here
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions or ask your own question.Ask Question
- Are there any guesthouses that are open in March, in Kaza? 3 Answers
- Being a remote village, what are the food options available there? And anything which is a must try. 1 Answer
- Planning a 5D 4N trip to Spiti. Suggestions? 2 Answers
- Buses to Spiti? 1 Answer
- Where is the payment option in the website?? 0 Answers
- What's the best way to go to Chandratal trek with public transport? 1 Answer
- What are the best places to travel in India as a digital nomad? 1 Answer
- What are some places for beginners to solo travel in India? 5 Answers
- What are the best places for stargazing in Himachal? 2 Answers